The OPEC Fund offers an internship program for students from various academic backgrounds to help build their capacities by enriching their educational experience through practical daily work in an international organization. The program is open to university students who are about to graduate or have just graduated (undergraduate program). Applicants must be between 20 and 30 years of age.
Preference will be given to citizens of member countries of the OPEC Fund
In-line with the particular activities of the departments and units within the OPEC Fund, the areas of focus will include public sector operations; Project Financing; Grants; Financial Management (Investment/Treasury and Accounting/Control); Risk Management; Strategic Planning & Economic Services; Internal Audit; Human Resources; Administration and Protocol; Public Relations and Communications; Legal; as well as Information Technology.
As the program is intended to be a learning experience, the interns will not receive any remuneration. This includes (although is not limited to) reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as any transportation associated with commuting to and from the OPEC Fund’s headquarters.
The duration of the program will be a period of up to three months full time. The program will be open twice a year:
- Summer: from early July to late September, with a registration deadline of April 1
- Spring: from early January to late March, with a registration deadline in October 1
Due to a large number of applications, the OPEC Fund will only correspond with the shortlisted candidates
The selected candidate must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy in Austria or a similar arrangement under or under which the candidate will be fully medically covered for the duration of the program. Please also provide the following documents to be sent here
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of university degree or equivalent OR an original confirmation letter from a university / school certifying the candidate’s registration as an undergraduate student
- Copy of the most recent university transcripts showing the cumulative GPA average
- A short essay in English (about 150-250 words) describing the motivation of the candidate to seek an internship under the program
It may be useful to print a copy of the “Instructions for completing the internship request” before continuing
All applications must be in English.
When applying, please keep in mind the following:
- Read the instructions carefully before filling out the form.
- Use the TAB key or the mouse to move from one data entry field to the next.
- Please note that the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- DD = Day, MM = Number of the month, MMM = First three characters of the name of the month, YYYY = Year.
- If the selection list does not have the option that applies to you, the information can be entered manually in the “Other specify” or “Comments” fields.
- After answering all of the questions, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. This will send you your information and register you as a candidate for the OPEC Fund internship program.
- Click the “Reset” button to clear all previously entered data.
- Shortlisted applicants will receive a paper copy of their completed application, which they will need to sign and return.