Quebec Immigration Requirement
Quebec Immigration Requirement: Regarding immigration, selection and invitation of skilled workers or otherwise, the province of Quebec has a set of rules and requirements entirely different from other provinces of Canada. Quebec is one of the largest provinces in Canada and is home to millions of people, immigrants and citizens included.
As we know, Canada has two official languages, English and French. Depending on the province in which you intend to settle, you must have a prior knowledge of one or the other of the two languages and also provide proof of linguistic competence. The official language of the province is French, and immigrants who have a good knowledge of French are generally privileged.
Applicants wishing to move to the province must apply for their own provincial version of the provincial Nominee program called the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). The program accepts thousands of applications each year, with an increased focus on skilled and talented workers who can add value to the province.
Thus, like any other provincial Nominee program, the QSWP requires that candidates have at least one year of work experience in a particular field. In addition, candidates should have good skills in French. English can still be accepted. Finally, all candidates for the QSWP must have real intentions of residing in Quebec.
Am I eligible for Quebec Immigration ?
Immigration to Quebec is a relatively easy process provided you understand the basics. If you want to know if you are eligible for immigration to Quebec or not, take a look at the following points and check if you respect all of them. If you do, then you are eligible to apply for immigration to Quebec in 2020:
- You must be at least 18 years old when you apply
- You must have good communication skills in English or French. Although you don’t need to know both languages, if you do, it will be a great bonus for your profile and will also highlight it for potential employers.
- Getting a job offer from a Quebec employer will give you a great chance of immigration.
- You must have at least 1 year of work experience when you apply. However, we recommend an average of 3 years of professional experience before applying to obtain the maximum points. In addition, you will need to show documents to prove your work experience.
- You will need to have enough educational qualification to be considered a viable member of the Quebec workforce. We recommend that you obtain at least a master’s degree to have a good chance of being selected. In addition, you will need to provide these documents to the appropriate authorities.
- If you move to Quebec without a job offer, proof of funding will become necessary. In this case, you must prove that you have enough funds to support yourself and your family for at least 6 months in Quebec.
Documents Required for the Quebec Immigration Application
- You will need proof of language proficiency, an English or French test is generally required and very few are accepted such as IELTS, etc.
- You will need to obtain a police certificate to prove that you have not been convicted of serious charges.
- You will also need to provide proof of substantial funds, enough money to take care of yourself at least for the first year in the country.
- You will need a medical authorization document to prove your health.
- Health insurance.
- Proof of work experience for at least one year.
Applicants must submit documents with their application and ensure that the document has a minimum resolution level for a readable document. Applicants are also advised to submit color photocopies of their documents.
Are you wondering if you have the right attributes for moving to Quebec? Follow the professional advice of our Quebec immigration experts. Fill out our free evaluation form to find out more about your immigration chances!