Japan Government scholarship
Japan Government scholarship : AIT will launch a one-year master’s program on the reduction of marine plastic (MPA) in August 2020 with ad hoc support from the Government of Japan. The program will train a new generation of Asian environmental leaders to tackle the problem of ocean plastic waste using advanced technologies and sound management practices.
According to scientific research, the top 6 countries in the world that release the most plastic debris into the ocean are in Asia. Therefore, the empowerment of young Asian practitioners, social entrepreneurs, civil servants and professionals who can play an important role in reducing marine plastics is a key to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This contribution from Japan aims to support the “MARINE Initiative” unveiled at the G20 summit in Osaka in 2019, aiming to reduce to zero the additional pollution by marine plastic waste by 2050.
Eligibility For Japan Government scholarship
- Nationalities: developing countries;
- The candidate must fulfill the AIT entry requirements;
- Four years of undergraduate program or equivalent;
- English proficiency requirement: AIT-EET: 6 or IELTS-Academic: 6 (written 6) or TOEFL Paper: 550 (written 59-61) or TOELF CBT: 213 (written 25-26): TOEFL IBT: 80 (written 21-23)
- Applicant must apply for a one-year master’s program in the Marine Plastic Reduction Program of the School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD)
- The diversity of the students’ countries of origin will be taken into account in the selection process.
The scholarship covers tuition and registration fees; provides grants and accommodation allowances, medical insurance, visa renewal fees, research grant and round-trip airfare from home country.
- Admissions and Scholarship Unit, Office of Student Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of International Affairs: email@example.com
- Environmental and Engineering Program(EEM): firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 June 2020