Fully Funded Master Degree at The University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield UK, is strongly committed to international development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is to “celebrate, promote and increase the volume of work we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad.” Building on this commitment, the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 10 scholarships (over 3 years) intended for international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
University of Sheffield UK Scholarships 2020
There are three scholarships available for academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A complete exemption from tuition fees
- Maintenance of university accommodation and monthly allowance
1. You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2020 by Wednesday May 6, 2020:
- MSc Cities and Global Development
- MA International Development
- MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH in international development
- MSc in International Social and Political Change
- MA global and political economy
- MA International Relations
- MA in social research
2. You must be classified abroad for the purpose of tuition fees. You must be self-funded to receive this award, that is, not funded by a research council, government, a private company, a charity, or any similar organization.
3. This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with other funding scholarships, either from the University of Sheffield or from external sources.
4. Your mode of presence must be full time.
5. You must start your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2020. This scholarship cannot be postponed.
6. The receipt of the scholarship is subject to the success of any condition related to your offer before the deadline set by the admissions department.
7. The receipt of the scholarship is subject to the successful receipt of a visa to study at the University in September 2020.
8. You must be a national or permanently domiciled in one of the following countries or territories:
How to register
You will automatically be considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national or permanently domiciled in one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course request will be evaluated by a panel of academic judges to decide if you will proceed to the final stage of the request process.
Please use our online postgraduate application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
University of Sheffield UK Selection process
If you are selected for the final stage of the application process, we will contact you before Monday 25 May 2020. At this point we may ask you to submit a brief personal statement in support of your application.
If you do not receive an email before Monday, May 25, 2020 asking you to submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship, you have not been selected for this award.
The final decision for those invited to submit an application will be made in late June.
If you have any questions about this award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org