You can only check the status of your request once we have started processing your request. When we start, we send you an acknowledgment of receipt or an email with a request number. If you cannot check your status online, you can use the processing times as a guide to find out how long it may take to process your request.
You can manually calculate the number of days it would take to be ready from the day of your request. You can also send a request directly to IRCC to obtain your status.
What did you apply for?
- We have a federal skilled / experienced worker application program
- Experience Canada Class
- Experienced / Skilled Federal Trades
- Canadian Provincial Nominee Program
- Temporary residence permit
- Experienced / qualified workers selected in Quebec
- Philanthropic and sympathetic cases
- Quebec businessmen
- Protected persons
- Quebec venture capitalist
- Pilot venture capital program for immigrant investors
- Independent people
- Start-up visas
How to check your status online
IRCC has a tool available on its website with which you can check your status, the problem is that it is not available to all applicants.
Well, it all depends on the application you are applying for which would determine if you are eligible to access the tool.
Some of the applications eligible for the tool are:
- Sponsorship request for all categories
- Application for permanent residence in Canada for philanthropic and sympathetic cases;
- Application for permanent residence for those outside Canada all categories / cases
- Application for permanent residence for those staying in Canada for all categories / cases
- Application for PRC (permanent residence card).
- Application for temporary residence, refugees (those who are eligible) and citizenship (search for citizenship documents not included) for all categories.
- The following applications are not allowed to use the online application health checker:
- Request one of the immigration documents such as status verification, make changes and adjustments to documents; and also ask to modify your permanent residence confirmation file.
- If you are looking for your citizenship records or results.
when you Check your application status online, you should have the following information:
- Your identification number
- Your last name, first name and last name are included.
- Date of birth and place of birth.
- Check your status with a phone call
A simpler and easier method to check your status is to call the IRCC center at 1-888-242-2100, but this number is difficult to reach if you are staying outside of Canada and only North Americans have access to this number.
Another problem with this method is the long menu system which could be quite difficult if you are not sure what you are calling and you should also be sure that IRCC identifies your application or the application name otherwise , you may never communicate with an operator.
The call center is usually very busy and can make you wait for hours, which can be annoying at times. you may be logged out if it takes too long.
If you end up contacting an operator, you will have to answer a series of questions to prove that you are who you are. you will also need your UCI number or your application number.